St. Elizabeth of Hungary Parish
"Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted." Matthew 5:4
Mission and Purpose
The mission of the Ministry of Consolation is to walk with and support with loving care those who are grieving their lost loved ones. We are called through our Baptism to reach out and care for each other. We bring the love of Jesus through faith, hope, prayer, empathy, listening and being present.
Some of the things we do include:
• Walk with people as they plan the Funeral Liturgy.
• Participate in the celebration of the Funeral Liturgy.
• Provide follow-up and support to the deceased's family by phone calls, visits and written cards or notes.
• Offer a reception for family members of deceased loved ones on the Sunday on or near the Feast of All Souls
• Offer a Remembrance Service in November
• Remember those who are mourning during their first year of loss with flower arrangemenst at Christmas time.
• New in fall of 2014, will be offering a six-week creative bereavement program for those who have lost a loved one and are past the first year mark of their grieving journey.
For assistance and information, please contact the parish office or the Consolation Ministry coordinator:
Deb Lundquist - 978-263-4308